Function : General Public Service
- This is the legislative arm of the Office of the Sanguniang Panlungsod; This Office performs legislative and Quasi-judicial investigation services. It holds sessions and performs business in behalf of the City Government. It keeps the records of the minutes and proceedings of the Sangguniang Panlungsod. It disseminates to all concerned the policies of the City Government in the form of Ordinances and Resolutions.
- Legislative Power: Under the City Charter, the following are the general powers and duties of the Sanggunian;
- To provide for the levy and collection of taxes in accordance with the law;
- To fix the number and salaries of officials and employees and laborers as provided by law, rules and regulation;
- To fix schedules of fees and charges for all services rendered by the city or any of its departments, branches or offices;
- To provide for the erection and maintenance of the public schools;
- To establish and maintain or aid the establishment and maintenance of vocational schools and institutions of higher learning
- Exercise such other powers and performs such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- To take charge in enacting legislative measures affecting the interest of the public.
- To assist the City Chief Executive in the effective management of the City Government and delivery of basic services.
- Administrative Staff
- Ordinances and Resolution Staff
- Journal and Minutes Staff