Function : General Public Service
- The Market Superintendent, under the direct supervision of the City Mayor, shall have immediate supervision and control over all subordinate employees of the Public Market and Slaughterhouse;
- To see to it that stall and booth holders and occupants of dry goods, flowers and other spaces are paying stall rentals and other market fees regularly;
- Keep and preserve a permanent record of all stall and booth holders in the Public Market showing the name and the address of the occupant, the stall or booth no. section of the market where such stall or booth is located, the monthly or daily rentals, the date of the occupancy, and such other information as may be required by the City Treasurer;
- Render a monthly report to the Sangguniang Panlungsod and the City Treasurer on the general condition of the Public Market, including the number of stalls and booth holders, the number of vacant stalls and booths, all violations or infractions of the Market Ordinance, together with proper recommendations for appropriate action;
- Post in the Public Market premises, in English or Filipino, the rules and regulations relative to the sanitation and orderliness in the market, the manner of leasing stalls or booths therein, privileges of stall holders and such other rules and regulations as may be adopted;
- Submit to the Market Committee, all applications for vacant stalls or booth with the appropriate recommendation;
- Submit a monthly itemized report of market collection to the City Mayor, Sangguniang Panlungsod and the City Treasurer for their information and guidance.
- To assist in the stabilization of the City Government's finances through an efficient program of collection and management of the Public Market and Slaughterhouse;
- To provide the public with a centralized source of their essential and basic needs;
- To achieve a synthesize and stable prime and essential commodities prices through fair business competition with other retail establishment;
- To provide producers and farmers easy means to market their product and accelerate the transfer of mobiles to encourage production and strengthen the local economy;
- To provide livelihood and employment opportunities.