Function : General Public Service
- Administrative function headed by the City Vice Mayor.
- The Office directs and supports the activities of the Sangguniang Panlungsod legislative measures pertinent to the smooth operation of the City Government and the interest of public service.
- In the absence of the City Chief Executive, the Office disseminates and implements the governing rules, laws, regulations of the City Government.
- Under the Local Code, the following are the duties and functions of the City Vice Mayor
- Be the presiding officer of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and sign all warrants drawn from the City Treasury for all expenditures;
- Subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, appoints all officials and employees of the Sangguniang Panlungsod, except those whose manner of appointment is specifically provided in the Local Government Code;
- Assume the Office of the City Mayor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy as provided in Section 44, Book 1 of the Local Government Code;
- Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the City Mayor in cases of termporary vacancy as provided for in Section 46, Book 1 of the Local Government Code;
- To maintain any City Court established by law which shall have jurisdiction on criminal cases falling under the ordinance of the City;
- To make regulations to protect the public from conflagration or mitigate the effects of famine, flood, storm and other calamities and provide relief thereof;
- To Serve as a policy-making body of the City Government;
- To assist, the Chief Executive in the efficient implementation of policies and programs adopted in line with the national objectives.
- Personal Staff
- Legislative Staff Assistance