Function : General Public Service
- To assure the well being of individuals, families and communities and the liberation of the poor (30%) from deprivation.
- Provision of interventions/opportunities that will uplift the living conditions of the distressed and disadvantaged individuals, families, group of communities and enable them to become self-reliant and actively participate in community development.
- Care, protect and rehabilitate socially disabled constituents and the physically and mentally handicapped for effective social functioning.
- Arrest the further deterioration of the socially disabling or dehumanizing conditions of the disadvantaged segment of the community level.
- Coordinate the service facilities required from such department/agencies, governmental and non-governmental to provide an integrated welfare package to constituents on the basis of their needs; and
- Advocate for policies and measures addressing social welfare concerns.
- Community Welfare and Development Division
- Emergency Section
- Child and Youth Welfare and Development Division
- Youth Welfare Section
- Child Welfare Section