Function : General Public Service
A dynamic partner of the community formulating coordinated and integrated development plans
- Formulate and sustain an integrated economic, social, physical, and other development plans/programs and policies of the City for consideration and approval of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and the City Mayor; and
- Implement the City Zoning Ordinance and other related laws, rules and regulations passed by the Sangguniang Panlungsod and the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board.
- To prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents;
- To provide technical assistance and services to other offices relative to physical and socio-economic development planning;
- To monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects and activities in the city;
- To promote the citizen participation through development planning at the barangay level;
- To integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- To accept applications for zoning clearance and issue such clearance upon satisfactory compliance with existing laws, rules and regulations;
- To notify owners of buildings and other similar structures for violation of the zoning ordinance and recommend measures to rectify such violations;
- To recommend changes in the zoning ordinance which may arise from time to time; and
- To conduct continuing studies, researches, and relevant training necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation.