Function : General Public Service
Civil Registration is a very important aspect of our daily lives. In whatever form of society we may belong, it is the fundamental right of every individual to be registered and counted. It is along this premise that the City Civil Registrar’s Office is mandated to record in the local civil register the civil status of persons so that important rights may be exercised in order to receive the utmost protection and care in the place where we live.
The Civil Registrar’s Office is mandated to register the birth of every citizen so that we will have a name and identity to be known in the community, to go to school, to travel, to be employed, to enjoy benefits and services and to exercise some civil rights. We register the marriage of a man and a woman as a notice to the whole world about their contract to become husband and wife and will, thus produce civil effects. We register the fact of death of a person in order to record the termination of his civil rights.
Towards a dynamic city aimed at being a model local government unit on knowledge-based, efficient, effective and highly-responsive civil registration system.
- To build, promote and sustain a strong and committed local civil registry system by implementing with sincerity, courtesy, honesty, efficiency and responsibility the civil registration laws of the country.
- To uphold the ideals of a just and rationalized civil registration system putting premium on professionalism, discipline and commitment towards the development of an excellent and efficient civil registry system.
- To serve and help our constituents avail of civil registration services irrespective of creed, class and culture.
- To serve Puerto Princesans with the highest degree of integrity, competence, hardwork and utmost responsiveness.
- Accepts all registrable documents including judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons;
- File, keep and preserve in a secured place the books required by law and transcribe and enter immediately upon receipt all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons in the appropriate civil registry books.
- Transmit to the Civil Registrar General within the prescribed period duplicate copies of registered documents required by law;
- Issue certified transcripts or copies of any certificate or registered documents upon payment of prescribed fees;
- To correct clerical or typographical error and change of first name or nickname of a person in the civil register without need of a judicial order in accordance with the provisions of R.A 9048 and its implementing rules and regulations and furthermore, to correct clerical or typographical error in the day and month, in the date of birth or sex of a person in the civil register without need of a judicial order, amending for this purpose R.A. 9048.
- Receive applications for the issuance of a marriage license and, after determining that the requirements and supporting certificates and publications thereof for the prescribed period have been complied with, issue the license upon payment of the authorized fee.
- Coordinate with the National Statistics Office (NSO) in conducting educational campaign for vital registration and assist in the preparation of demographic and other statistics for the LGU concerned.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law of ordinance.
- To carry out the civil registration program in the City pursuant to the civil registry law, the civil code and other pertinent laws, rules and regulations;
- To implement the City Civil Registry Ordinance and laws, rules and regulation passed by the Local City Council or Sanggunian.
ABNER L. MADURO
CG Department Head II
(City Civil Registrar)
Contact, Mailing and Email Address
OFFICE OF THE CITY CIVIL REGISTRAR
City Hall Bldg., Bgy. Sta. Monica
City of Puerto Princesa
Landline No. (048)717-8006/(048)717-8031, (048) 717-8000 ext. 201 & 192