What to wear and bring
- Light casual wear is always practical when touring around the city.
- Bring warm garments during rainy days (July to September) or when visiting mountainous areas where nights can be cool and chilly.
- On hot summer months (March to May) it is best to wear a hat, a pair of sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Carry an insect repellant, bottled water, and a flashlight when visiting remote and forested areas.
- Expect to get wet on your trip to the Underground River, wear shorts and sandals.
- A camera will come in handy to capture the sights!
- Do not litter on roads, trails, beaches or at sea. You can help keep the environment clean and make the city a better place to live and visit.
- To help protect, preserve and conserve the natural beauty of the place, please avoid damage to forests, caves and corals, and don't collect plant and animal species.
- When entering ethnic and local villages, be sensitive to the values and culture of the local people.
- Entry permits and fees are required when visiting the Underground River and other attractions in Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.
- Always seek the services of a duly-registered and licensed tour agency and a licensed tour guide of the city.
- It is advisable to register in Visitor Centers / Tourist Information Assistance Centers, or with the Barangay (village) office when visiting tourist spots or adventure destinations in the city, for better facilitation and assistance.