Office of the City Assessor
Submitted by admin on Thu, 09/13/2012 - 15:22
Function : General Public Service
- Establish a systematic method of assessment in the manner prescribed in PD No. 464, RA 7160 and in accordance with the rules and regulations issued by the Local Government Units and Department of Finance.
- Install and maintain a real property identification and accounting system conforming with the standards prescribed by the LGU and Department of Finance.
- Prepare, install and maintain a system of taxmapping showing graphically all property subject to assessment in the city and to gather necessary data concerning the same.
- Make frequent physical surveys to check/verify and to determine whether real property within the locality are properly listed in the assessment roll.
- Appraise all items of real property at current market value in accordance with R.A. 7160 and conduct regular ocular inspection to determine if all properties are assessed correctly.
- Keep a good record of all transfer, leases and mortgages of all properties, rental, insurance and cost construction and other improvements on land and income for assessment purposes.
- Issue, upon request of any interested party, certified copies of assessment records of real property and all other records relative to the assessment, upon payment of service charge or fee to the City Treasurer/ City Assessor’s Office;
- Apply uniformly the assessment level fixed by Ordinance No. 26-93 as amended and R.A. 7160 to the current market value of all property subject assessment.
- Perform such other duties as may be required by law or ordinance.
- To adopt and systematically implement the assessment methods, procedures and techniques in the manner prescribed under the Real Property Code and in accordance with the rules and regulations issued by the Local Government Units and Department of Finance in order to ensure the equitable distribution of the realty tax burden of the property owner in the city.
To adopt the use of recognized modern tools, ideas, procedures and other measures that will update and vastly improve the technical skills and know-how of all personnel of this office so as to render higher standard of performance in the field of assessment.
To conduct Field Ocular inspection of the different barangays of the city and to enhance real property collectibles in line with the policy of the present administration that no increase/new taxes shall be implemented pursuant with the conversion of the city to Highly Urbanize City within the period of three (3) years upon its approval.
To computerize all assessment records pursuant to PRMDP and AusAID Project under the Tax Revenue Assessment Collection System (TRACS).
February 27, 2015
MAYOR BAYRON, PINAIIMBESTIGAHAN ANG INIREREKLAMONG...
Kagyat na inatasan kahapon (Pebrero 26) ni City Mayor Lucilo R. Bayron si City Administrator Elena Rodriguez na alamin ang may kagagawan ng nakakabit na billboard sa tabi ng Caltex Station sa Junction 3, Brgy. San Pedro na inirereklamo ng marami dahil sa mga nakasulat dito na lubha umanong...
February 26, 2015
MV AZAMARA DUMAONG SA KAUNA-UNAHANG PAGKAKATAON SA...
596 ng kabuoang 646 na mga turista mula sa bansang Europa, Britanya at America ang namasyal sa lungsod ng Puerto Princesa at tumungo sa Underground River at iba pang pangunahing pasyalan
Dumating sa pantalan ng Lungsod ng Puerto Princesa ang MV AZAMARA ganap na alas nueve ‘y...
February 25, 2015
PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM, INILUNSAD SA PPC
Puerto Princesa, Feb. 25 CIO - Hindi naiwasang banggiting muli ni City Mayor Lucilo R. Bayron ang ilan sa nagawa ng kanyang “Apuradong Administrasyon” sa halos isa at kalahating taon lamang ng panungkulan na naging daan upang mabawasan ang malaking cash deficit ng siyudad at mabayaran ang ilang...