Function : General Public Service
- Take charge of the City Engineering Department.
- Initiate and review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general in Puerto Princesa City.
- Advise the City Mayor on infrastructure, public works, and other engineering matters.
- Administer, coordinate, supervise and control the construction, maintenance, improvement and repair of roads and bridges and other engineering and public works projects of Puerto Princesa City;
- Provide engineering services to local government unit, including investigation surveys and engineering designs, feasibility studies and project management;
- Act as Acting Building Official of the National Building Code, PD 1096 in Puerto Princesa City.
To attain Economic and Physical growth of the City of Puerto Princesa thru engineering and infrastructural projects and activities.
- Administrative Division
- Clerical and Records Section
- Property and Supple Section
- Planning, Designing and Programming Division
- Construction and Maintenance Division
- Maintenance Section
- Building and Industrial Safety Section
- Housing Development Division
- Motorpool Division
As provided in the Local Government Code of 1991, the mandate of the City Engineer is to:
- Take charge of the Engineering Office and shall:
- Initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs , techniques and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of the LGU concerned;
- Advise the mayor on infrastructure, public works, and other engineering matters;
- Administer, coordinate, supervise, and control the construction, maintenance, improvement, and repair of roads, bridges, and other engineering and public works projects of the LGU concerned
- Provide engineering services to the LGU concerned, including investigation and survey, engineering designs, feasibility studies, and project management;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
SERGIO S. TAPALLA
CG Department Head II
(City Engineer II)
City Engineering Department
Office of the City Engineer
City Hall, Bgy. Sta. Monica, Puerto Princesa City
Tel. No. : (048)717-8013/(048)717-8038, (048) 717-8000 ext. 200 & 275
433 - 4479 (Motorpool)